Inductive Probe Setup
- Print Mounting bracket such as: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2391808
- I am using the following probe: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LJ12A3-4-Z-BY-Inductive-Proximity-Sensor-Detection-Switch-PNP-DC6-36V/32524240116.html
- If your probe support running on 5V. Connect it directly to Z-Min. Brown = +, Black = -, Blue = Signal
- Mount the probe a bit higher than the nozzle so it will not hit printer stuff but make sure it is still close enough to trigger.
- Use the heated bed directly with the print surface sticker. The probe will not trigger though the glass.
- Modify Marlin to use the probe. See my version here: https://git.techdroid.com/sschueller/marlin (Notice: I have the eeprom enabled, you will need to clear it for your changes in the firmware take affect,
- Test the probe works with
M119to see the z-min end stop status, you should see it change if you trigger the probe. Depending on if you have a NPN or PNP probe you may need to reverse the z-min endstop in the marlin configuration.